Johnson Cabin Museum
Long before the Homestead Act became law, the first settlers arrived in Gage County in the 1850's. Reverend James Johnson came to Blue Springs Township in the summer of 1855 to minister to the Otoe-Missouria Reservation. He built his cabin of cottonwood logs that summer. In teh summer of 1857, he returned with his wife, Martha and six children. The cabin was moved to the Blue Springs Park in 1949 and has served as a museum for 70 years.
National Register of Historical Places
100 North A Street, Blue Springs
Join the Southern Gage Day Tour and visit the Johnson Cabin Museum - - bluespringsne.com/tour/